I love pillows! Seriously, it is hard for me to pass up a cute one. I always buy neutral couches and then add pops of color with eclectic patterns, colors, and textures of pillows. Pillows are so much cheaper to switch up when you want a new look than having to go out and buy a brand new sofa. So now to the thrifted part… I buy most of my pillows at Goodwill!
I know some people are nervous to buy pillows at thrift stores, and I understand their hesitancy. Here’s my routine for buying used pillows:
1. Look for pillows that are in good shape. Often, people will donate almost new pillows to a thrift store! Many Goodwills also sell salvage items from Target that are brand new.
2. Don’t be afraid of “not matching” pillows. Eclectic pillows add perfect color and character to a space. They are fun to collect and easy to switch around when you’re ready for a new look.
3. Just to be sure a pillow is safe for use, I like to store it in a trash bag for a couple weeks before I use it. You can also wash them or switch out the stuffing.
4. If a pillow has some worn pieces of fabric, take a razor over the top to get rid of any fuzz.
5. Add your new to you pillow with your others! I don’t think I have ever paid over $5 for the pillows in our house, and I love my collection!
Here are a few of my favorites! By the way, the throw in the background is thrifted too… and the couch. 😁